Families who sign up to staff Bingo not only earn credits they can apply toward their season fees and other expenses, they help the club's bottom line.
Please read all requirements provided on this page before signing up.
WHEN: Every Monday from 5:30 to 10 p.m.
WHERE: Tri Cities Columbus Home Association (KofC)
4225 Old Alton Rd.
Granite City, IL 62040
Approximately 12 workers are needed to fully staff Bingo each week but not everyone is expected to be there the entire time. TBL families are allowed to sign up for two shifts per month per child. (Any additional sign ups will be deleted.)
In addition, there are two (2) Alternate positions that are also available to claim in the event an unforeseen cancellation occurs. You must be available to work up to 1 hour prior to bingo opening, in case of emergency cancellations.
Two (2) free drinks (soda, beer, water, or juice) are included while working Bingo.
The staff consists of:
- Floor (6) – These workers assist and tend to those playing Bingo and sells additional games (i.e. Speed Ball). Start at 6:00 p.m.
- Door Attendant/Floor (1) - This worker is responsible for distributing purchased Bingo cards to players and any other games other than "Lucky Pot". Start at 5:00 p.m.
- Door Attendant/Lucky Pot (1) - This worker is responsible for distributing and selling "Lucky Pot". Start at 5:00 p.m.
- Register 1/Floor (1) - This worker is responsible for operating the 1st cash register and sells Bingo cards. Start at 5:30 p.m.
- Register 2/Payouts (1) - This worker is responsible for operating the 2nd cash register and distributing payout amounts to Floor workers to be distributed to the winners. Start at 5:30 p.m.
- Callers (1) – This worker announces the Bingo numbers and controls the pace of the games. Start at 6:00 p.m.
- Captain (1) - This worker is responsible for managing the event, staff, and any other responsibilities ensuring the event operates smoothly. Start at 5:00 p.m.
Door Attendant, Payouts, and Register positions require sufficient training. If a person signs up for any of these positions without the required training their claim will be deleted and made available for another person with sufficient training.
The number of Callers and Captains we have trained is limited. These positions require the knowledge of bingo and floor positions as well as a monthly obligation. If you are interested in either position please let the bingo coordinator know and she will contact you when training becomes available.
Go to "Account", then "Volunteer" at the top left of the home page to sign up for Bingo.
Door Attendants and Captains are required to arrive 30m before the other staff members, thus 5p.
Rules and Regulations
- Two (2) Bingo Dibs positions will be available per TBL player per month. Ex. You have two (2) kids that are registered with TBL and thus have 4 Bingo Dibs positions available per month.
- If Bingo Dibs positions are not filled by 5p the Friday before, the remaining positions will be available to all TBL members regardless of how many events have been worked that month.
- The Bingo coordinator will administer the availability of the Bingo Dibs positions and upload the new Bingo Dibs positions to the website.
- Bingo Dibs positions will be updated quarterly
- A 24-hour notice -- by phone -- to a Bingo Captain is mandatory if you are unable to work the event you signed up for. Please don't cancel by text message.
- A person must be 18 in order to work Bingo.
- No-Call/No-Show and any conduct detrimental to the success of the Bingo program has the following consequences:
- 1st Offense - A Bingo Captain will discuss the situation with you and remind you of the policy.
- 2nd Offense - A Bingo Captain will discuss the situation with you, supply you with a hard copy of the policy which you will sign and return, and will inform you of possible future disciplinary action.
- 3rd Offense - A Bingo Captain will present the situation to the Board of Directors who will determine and invoke disciplinary action including a possible 1 year suspension from Bingo.
Members whose family volunteer time to work our Bingo event earn credits that can be used towards hockey related expenses (ex. registrations, hotels, jerseys, etc.). The following is the current credit structure:
- Floor Worker- $60
- Door, Payouts, & Register- $90
- Caller & Captain- $120
If you leave early for any reason, you will receive a pro-rated amount for that week.
The credit amounts increase to 1.5x their normal rates during the following holidays:
New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Memorial Day,
Independence Day (July 4th), Labor Day
Federal regulations state that since the revenue is generated as a result of a gambling event, the credits can only be used to reduce registration costs - they DO NOT hold any cash value.
Bingo credits earned up to May 31st can be applied to the fall registration in the same year. Those credits earned after May 31st are applied to the following year's fall registration.