Families who sign up to staff Bingo not only earn credits they can apply toward their season fees and other expenses, they help the club's bottom line.
WHEN: Every Monday from 5:30 to 10 p.m.
WHERE: Tri Cities Columbus Home Association (KofC)
4225 Old Alton Rd.
Granite City, IL 62040
Approximately 12 workers are needed to fully staff Bingo each week but not everyone is expected to be there the entire time.
In addition, there are two (2) Alternate positions that are also available to claim in the event an unforeseen cancellation occurs. You must be available to work up to 1 hour prior to bingo opening, in case of emergency cancellations.
Two (2) free drinks (soda, beer, water, or juice) are included while working Bingo. The staff consists of:
- Floor (7) - Assists and tends to those playing Bingo and sells additional games (i.e. Speed Ball)
- Door Attendant (1) - Distributes purchased Bingo cards to players and any other games other than 'Lucky Pot'
- Register (1) - Operates the cash register and sells Bingo cards
- Payouts (1) - Distributes payout amounts to Floor workers to be distributed to the winners and sells 'Lucky Pot' games
- Callers (1) - Announces the Bingo numbers and controls the pace of the games
- Captain (1) - Manages the Bingo event
Door Attendant, Payouts, and Register positions require sufficient training. If a person signs up for any of these positions without the required training their claim will be deleted and made available for another person with sufficient training.
Callers and Captains are also appointed positions and cannot be claimed until sufficient training has been completed. Use the 'Dibs - Fundraising' link at the top of the page to sign up for Bingo.
Door Attendants and Captains are required to arrive 30m before the other staff members, thus 5p. Current Captains and their contact information is available below.
Rules and Regulations
- Two (2) Bingo Dibs positions will be available per TBL player per month. Ex. You have two (2) kids that are registered with TBL and thus have 4 Bingo Dibs positions available per month.
- If Bingo Dibs positions are not filled by 5p the Friday before, the remaining positions will be available to all TBL members regardless of how many events have been worked that month.
- The Bingo coordinator will administer the availability of the Bingo Dibs positions and upload the new Bingo Dibs positions to the website.
- Bingo Dibs positions will be updated quarterly
- A 24-hour notice -- by phone -- to a Bingo Captain is mandatory if you are unable to work the event you signed up for. Please don't cancel by text message.
- A person must be 18 in order to work Bingo.
- No-Call/No-Show and any conduct detrimental to the success of the Bingo program has the following consequences:
- 1st Offense - A Bingo Captain will discuss the situation with you and remind you of the policy.
- 2nd Offense - A Bingo Captain will discuss the situation with you, supply you with a hard copy of the policy which you will sign and return, and will inform you of possible future disciplinary action.
- 3rd Offense - A Bingo Captain will present the situation to the Board of Directors who will determine and invoke disciplinary action including a possible 1 year suspension from Bingo.
Members whose family volunteer time to work our Bingo event earn credits that can be used towards hockey related expenses (ex. registrations, hotels, jerseys, etc.). The following is the current credit structure as of February 2017:
- Floor worker & Door Attendant- $60
- Door to Floor worker, Payouts, & Register-$90
- Caller & Captain-$120
The credit amounts increase to 1.5x their normal rates during the following holidays:
New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Memorial Day,
Independence Day (July 4th), Labor Day
Federal regulations state that since the revenue is generated as a result of a gambling event, the credits can only be used to reduce registration costs - they DO NOT hold any cash value.
Bingo credits earned up to May 31st can be applied to the fall registration in the same year. Those credits earned after May 31st are applied to the following year's fall registration.