Our volunteer coaches are the core of our program.
If you are interested in joining us on ice, please read the guidelines below. All requirements must be met before you can step on the ice.
Please save all emails related to your coaching credentials. You are required to send proof of completion of requirements to our club Registrar.
TBL Coaching Standards
At Twin Bridges, we are extremely thankful that we have so many parents and family members who volunteer for coaching responsibilities within the club! As you all know, without the many hours that our coaching staff spend with our kids, the club would not be successful. As we move forward, we will be establishing coaching standards so that our club, our kids, and our hockey community will experience consistency from the club and our coaches year-to-year and across all teams at all levels and age groups.
● Every coach is required to wear a Twin Bridges tracksuit at TBL functions (club-provided).
● Coaches will receive pucks, whiteboard, medical safety kit, and other supplies as needed (club-provided).
● Head coaches are required to find help if they can’t make a practice at least 24 hours in advance unless an unforeseen circumstance occurs.
● No swearing or screaming at the players.
● No alcohol before the practice/game through thirty minutes post-practice/game. Players are always watching and looking up to how the coaches handle themselves at the rink.
Planning & Organization (led and facilitated by the Hockey Director)
● Coaches will have a plan for every single practice, written out so that no time is wasted.
● Each practice should consist of different drills and should vary throughout the year as teams build skills, abilities, and endurance.
● Practices should be fast-paced so that you don’t need to skate side boards or not use pucks unless we are in a “learning moment”.
● Video review for all age levels, as this is a great learning tool for players and coaches.
Player and Coach Accountability
● Coaches that are not meeting the above expectations will work with Tyler directly to determine the best way to make improvements.
● Coaches will hold hockey players accountable for timely attendance at all practices and games as follows:
o First time, communication with the player/family on our standards for practices
o Second time, 10 minute “skate”.
o Third time, they will be asked to get off the ice for that practice/game.
o Any more, they will miss a period of the next game.
You will be asked to read and agree to the above during the registration process.
USA Hockey Registration
All coaches much register with USA Hockey annually.
When registering, please select Missouri as our affiliate (even if you reside in Illinois).
USA Hockey SafeSport
All coaches must complete SafeSport Training prior to supervising players on or off the ice.
SafeSport Training and Refresher Training are only valid for one year.
USA Hockey National Background Screening
Background screens through NCSI under the national program cost $30 for all domestic screens.
Screens are good for two years.
TBL Online Application
You must apply through the Coaches registration (found in the upper right corner of this page) to be considered for a coaching position at Twin Bridges.
In addition, coaches are required to obtain the needed CEP level certification and complete the online age-specific modules by Dec. 31st of the current season.
All coaches that need a Level 1 CEP, or are up for renewal this season, can continue to coach as long as they register to complete a CEP course before the date outlined above.
USA Hockey's website allows users to search the list of scheduled coaching clinics in order to locate a clinic near them. The online age-specific modules can only be completed after attending the coaching clinic.
Whether you are new to coaching or a veteran, you could make a difference when it comes to a child learning to love the sport of ice hockey.